svn portdowngrade

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Wed Jun 11 17:59:43 UTC 2014

Dear FreeBSD friends,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 04:56:51PM +0200, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 06/11/14 16:13, Willy Offermans wrote:
> >Dear FreeBSD friends,
> >
> >I use svn update /usr/ports to keep my ports collection up to date.
> >
> >Now, I have an issue with cups 1.7.2 and I like to downgrade to
> >version 1.5.4. There is a port called portdowngrade.  Shall I use this to
> >downgrade cups to 1.5.4, or is there another (advisable) way?
>
> I used portdowngrade back in the cvsup days and it should still work
> with svn; I think I even used it sometimes recently.
> However I actually prefer to use svn directly.
> E.g.
>
> cd /usr/ports/xxx/yyy
> svn log
> (choose revision REV you like)
> svn upgrade -r REV
>
>  bye
> 	av.

I guess you mean update and __not__ upgrade in your last command.

Very nice!

Unfortunately:

~:/usr/ports/print/cups-base # svn update -r r351968
Updating '.':
U    pkg-plist
U    Makefile
Updated to revision 351968.

~:/usr/ports/print/cups-base # make clean
===>  Cleaning for cups-base-1.7.2

~:/usr/ports/print/cups-base # make
===>  cups-base-1.7.2 is marked as broken: missing function, see http://www.avahi.org/ticket/303.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/print/cups-base

Also ``updating'' to other revisions, gave equal error message.

Is there anything I can do to convince cups-base to compile?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Wiel