mountd Invalid radix node head (9-STABLE)

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jan 13 00:06:59 UTC 2014

Alban Hertroys wrote:
> I’ve been messing around with my NFS exports definitions to add some
> new mount-points to the list and I got most of it working again (at
> least, the important bits).
>
> However, 2 exports in that file are causing problems. When I restart
> mountd, they log lines like:
>
> Jan 12 16:01:14 solfertje mountd[99349]: can't change attributes for
> /usr/home/smb: Invalid radix node head, rn: 0 0xfffffe0023e1c600
> Jan 12 16:01:14 solfertje mountd[99349]: bad exports list line
> /usr/home/smb     -mapall
> Jan 12 16:01:14 solfertje mountd[99349]: can't change attributes for
> /usr/home/vhosts/django: Invalid radix node head, rn: 0
> 0xfffffe0023e1c600
> Jan 12 16:01:14 solfertje mountd[99349]: bad exports list line
> /usr/home/vhosts/django     -mapall
>
> What does that message mean? Where do I look to fix this?

Are these paths (/usr/home/smb and /usr/home/vhosts/django) separate file
systems on the server from the others?

If they are on the same server file system as one of the other entries,
then the paths need to be added to that entry. You cannot have multiple
entries for the same server file system and exported host/subnet.

> $ cat /etc/exports
> V4: /usr/home
>
> #/usr/home \
> #    -alldirs \
> /usr/home/dalroi \
>     -mapall=dalroi \
>     -network 10.236.150.0/23
>
> /usr/home/media \
>     -mapall=dalroi \
>     -network 10.236.150.0/23
>
> /usr/home/media2 \
>     -mapall=dalroi \
>     -network 10.236.150.0/23
>
> /usr/home/media3 \
>     -mapall=dalroi \
>     -network 10.236.150.0/23
>
> /usr/home/smb \
>     -mapall=dalroi \
>     -network 10.236.150.0/23
>
> /usr/home/vhosts/django \
>     -mapall=dalroi \
>     -network 10.236.150.0/23

For example, if /usr/home/smb and /usr/home/vhosts/django are on
the same server file system as /usr/home/dalroi, then you need
a single entry for the 3 that looks like:
/usr/home/dalroi /usr/home/smb /usr/home/django -mapall=delaroi -network 10.236.150.0/23

At least that's my recollection of it. The format for this hasn;t changed in
ages.

If they are separate file systems on the server (separate mount points in /etc/fstab),
then I don't know what is broken.

rick