10.0-RC4 -> 10.0-RC5: Xorg stopped using /dev/sysmouse

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Thu Jan 9 14:47:15 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 15:14, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> In my case after moving to newer X.org I needed to put line
>
>         Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off"

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do not need that line.

> and remove line
>
> 	Option "AllowEmptyInput" "Off"
>
> from the Section "ServerLayout".

I had to remove that line a long time ago.

> After that I got my mouse and keyboard working.

Yes, but in this case it seems to be what I suspected: After the old ABI
was restored in r260406 between 10.0-RC4 and 10.0-RC5, ports need to be
rebuild.

Grepping through the sources of hal makes me pretty confident that
r260406 is the problem:

hal-0.5.14/hald/freebsd/addons/addon-mouse.c:          struct kinfo_file
*kif, *ffreep;
hal-0.5.14/hald/freebsd/probing/probe-mouse.c:          struct
kinfo_file *kif, *ffreep;

And -- as I said in the other reply -- rebuilding sysutils/hal solves
the problem. I guess one should either grep through the sources and
patches of all ports for kinfo_file or better simply rebuild all ports.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-all/2014-January/078936.html

"The interface is used a lot by 3rd party applications".

Cheers,
Jan Henrik