memstick.img size adjustment

David Boyd David.Boyd49 at twc.com
Wed Oct 23 15:37:13 UTC 2013

Would it be in anyone else's interest to have the size of the memstick
images for 10.0-RELEASE+ adjusted upward a little (say 64MB) to allow for
some free space on the filesystem?

We have custom installation scripts that  add "misc.txz" to the bsdinstall
distribution list.  These scripts want "misc.txz" to be able to grow to a
few megabytes.

The current image is too large for 512MB USB drives, so it would seem that
as long as the image remains smaller than 1GB it will still fit on current
devices.

Or can someone identify the custom changes we need to generate-release.sh in
order to accomplish this?

We need to be able to make this increase for 9.2-RELEASE+, but I hope this
is generally acceptable for future releases.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you can provide.

David Boyd

David.Boyd49 at twc.com