pkg problem

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 12 21:37:20 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 17:36, Zoran Kolic wrote:
> I binary upgraded to 9.2 and installed pkg, made pkg2ng.
> Finally I did "pkg update" and "pkg upgrade". Now, I have
> old binaries, instead of new ones. I tried to issue
> "freebsd-update install" the last time and it refused to
> do anything, since there is nothing to install.
> What I missed in this upgrade process?
> I set server to 96.47.72.120, if it matters.

Upgraded to FreeBSD 9.2 from what version?  If it was anything 9.x then
you would not necessarily have replaced any of the ports previously
installed.

If you were upgrading from some earlier version of FreeBSD then you'ld
need to reinstall all your ports with stuff compiled for 9.x.  You can
do that by:

   pkg install -f

Why does freebsd-update come into this?  That's for updating the base
system.  It won't do anything to affect your ports directly.

While 96.47.72.120 is the IP number of the pkgrepo test server, the
recommended way to use it is via this PACKAGESITE URL:

   http://pkg-test.freebsd.org/pkg-test-${ABI}/latest

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--