Pass IGNORE_FILES to mergemaster in commandline

Łukasz Wąsikowski lukasz at wasikowski.net
Tue Oct 1 15:56:24 UTC 2013

Hi all,

How should I update config files in jails? I've always did it by running:

IGNORE_FILES='/boot/device.hints /etc/motd' mergemaster -PFUi -D
/path/to/jail

Now I'm getting *** FATAL ERROR: Unable to install ./boot/device.hints
to /path/to/jail/boot, so I assume that IGNORE_FILES is not used
anymore. I know, that the manual says that IGNORE_FILES can't be
overridden from commandline, but it worked. And it was good :) I'd
rather not want to go "edit /etc/mergemaster.rc" road, because I tend to
forget to change it back to defaults and it bitten me hard in the past.

--
best regards,
Lukasz Wasikowski