BETA3 running *hot* on my Acer 5553g (AMD Mobile Phenom)

Mathias Picker Mathias.Picker at virtual-earth.de
Wed Nov 13 12:41:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I just installed FreeBSD 10 BETA3 on my Acer 5553g, which before had
9-stable running.

This laptop allways was quite hot, but with 9-stable it ran around 52C
when idle...
Now this is up to 60C, and when I actually use it the temp reaches 94C
and it only survivies through throttling the cpu.

I've switched of the descrete graphics card (which doesn't work with kms
anyway) and use the hd4200 on the motherboard only. (see
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=29448)

I tried everything I know, but have no idea where to go from here. I
just ordered one of these horrible laptop-cooling stands, which will
probably help the machine to survive, but also probably be very loud :(

Any ideas, tips, help welcome.

Some Infos:

- the systems seems to use C1E (only C1 state visible)
- dmesg: http://pastebin.com/NaEQXYBH
loader.conf: http://pastebin.com/bnmqPak3
rc.conf: http://pastebin.com/HKERzgde
FreeBSD marcopolo 10.0-BETA3 FreeBSD 10.0-BETA3 #0 r257580: Sun Nov  3
19:43:01 UTC 2013     root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64

Anything else?

Any help would be most welcome,