Could not build new xorg with FreeBSD10-Beta3

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 17:46:11 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Juanitou <listjm at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> I am encountering the same problem again and again when I try to build
>> new xorg (1.12.4). It dies with error as of below:
>>

> Ah, but I did not installed this version, which comes from the
> experimental repository, isn’t it? I just installed the standard version
> coming from ports (1.7.7). The AMD GPUs wiki page does not say anything
> about updating xorg-server to 1.12.4.

You need  xorg-server to 1.12.4, but it is not from the development repo.
You get it from "WITH_NEW_XORG=" and it is required for many newer GPUs,
including Intel and AMD. It works for many others, but will fail to work
with some older GPUs. In nay case, it should always build.

Your message is a bit unclear as to exactly what you were building when you
got the error. lbiGL, xorg-server, or something else.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com