www/squid33 seems to be broke in 10 Beta 2 & 3

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 8 00:25:16 UTC 2013

On 07 Nov 2013, at 22:24, dweimer <dweimer at dweimer.net> wrote:
> Just curious if anyone else has had problems getting the Squid 3.3 port to build in 10?  I first built test server with 10 beta 2, and have since upgraded it to beta 3, the only port I have running an any servers that I have been enable to build and test is squid33, I haven't tried any of the older squid versions, and I haven't tried prior to beta 2 under the 10 stable branch.
>
> Here is the start of the error under the build process.
>
> --- TextException.lo ---
> In file included from TextException.cc:3:
> In file included from ../../src/Debug.h:36:
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/v1/iostream:38:
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/v1/ios:216:
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/v1/__locale:15:
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/v1/string:432:
> /usr/include/c++/v1/cstdio:139:9: error: no member named 'ERROR_sprintf_UNSAFE_IN_SQUID' in the global namespace
> using ::sprintf;
>      ~~^
> ../../compat/unsafe.h:10:17: note: expanded from macro 'sprintf'
> #define sprintf ERROR_sprintf_UNSAFE_IN_SQUID

Squid plays some games with redefining "unsafe" identifiers, so you hopefully avoid using them.  However, it does not properly check for existence of the cstdio header.  You can apply the attached patch to fix this problem (and other problems) in the squid33 port.

-Dimitry