problem building world on 9.1 stable after changing 100% to svn

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-stable-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sat Mar 30 20:47:49 UTC 2013

"Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Lowell Gilbert <
> freebsd-stable-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
>> It's possible you're building with the wrong set of headers, but every
>> case I can think of would have given you an error earlier than this.
>> Do you get any output from:
>>  # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
>> by any chance?
>>
>> What command did you use for your initial source checkout from SubVersion?
>>

> I did it twice.
>
> # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
> M       xinstall.c
> # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/ && svn status xinstall.c
> M       xinstall.c
>
> Hopefully you will find something there.

Yup, that's clearly wrong. For the moment I'll assume you did the
initial checkout correctly. Or at least in some wrong way that doesn't
require you to remove the whole tree and check it out again (which
definitely is what you should have done the first time, by the way).

I'm guessing the revert part is what you really need, but go to the
/usr/src directory and try:
 # svn cleanup
or
 # svn revert -R *

and if you're still lost,
 # svn status .
will tell you what is in your tree that is different from a pristine one.