What is the Right Way(™) to run X?

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Sun Mar 17 12:07:23 UTC 2013

Hi,
I recently updated my 9.1-PRE system's ports and my previous X config now results in no mouse (but the keyboard does work).

I found that I needed to add the following..
Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "AllowEmptyInput" "False"
EndSection

I am pretty sure this used to be necessary, then wasn't, but now seems required again.. From what I can see this means a 'startx' with no config is broken which is a bit of a step backwards.

BTW I have dbus & hald running.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum