Make use of RACCT and rctl

Edward Tomasz Napierała trasz at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 2 16:15:31 UTC 2013

Wiadomość napisana przez Peter Ankerstål w dniu 2 mar 2013, o godz. 16:21:
> Hi!
>
> Im trying to limit memory usage for jails with the rctl API. But I don't really get it.
>
> I have compiled the kernel with the right options and rctl show me stuff like:
> jail:jail22:memoryuse:deny=268435456
> jail:jail22:swapuse:deny=268435456
> jail:jail20:memoryuse:deny=268435456
> jail:jail20:swapuse:deny=268435456
> jail:jail16:memoryuse:deny=268435456
> jail:jail16:swapuse:deny=268435456
>
> but when I try to allocate memory it doesn't seem to hit the limit. Also when I run
> # rctl -u jail:jail20
> cputime=0

[..]

Could you please do "jls jid name" and verify that a jail named "jail20" is actually
running?

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?