Svnsup architecture [was: Re: svn - but smaller?]

John Mehr jcm at visi.com
Sat Jan 26 01:40:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:42:19 +0100
 Arrigo Marchiori <ardovm at yahoo.it> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:57:17AM -0800, 'Jeremy
>
> 1- svnsup-distill: takes a revision from svn and creates
>a text file
>    (called a delta) that represents it. It seems to be
>almost
>    complete.

> To answer one of John Mehr's problems: MD5 sums are
>calculated by
> svnsup-distill and included in the deltas. The client
>only needs to
> check them against the local files.

Hello,

I've been looking for a way to get the details of a
complete revision in one step, but I haven't had any luck
yet.  This would solve the one aspect I'm most worried
about: with 50000+ files and 5500+ directories in my local
copy of /usr/src, I'd hate to have my code end up
inadvertently causing a denial of service on the
repositories with a flood of tiny requests...