Poudriere questions

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Thu Feb 21 13:13:12 UTC 2013

On 02/21/13 10:15, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> Hi, Guido,
>
> hope you have a couple of more minutes ...
>
> After the first failure with the make.conf syntax I just put the options in unconditionally,
> to try if they end up in the final Apache package.

Just to be sure, are you putting these lines in poudriere's make.conf
for your jail? The one in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf
(poudriere global one, or the jail-make.conf one if you need different
ones for different environments)

poudriere will use that one when building, not the one in /etc.

> OK, tried manually wihtout Poudriere:

> make config, enable PROXY, PROXY_HTTP, SUEXEC, then specify the rest on the command
> line when building:
>
> make -DBATCH -DSUEXEC_DOCROOT=/var/apache -DSUEXEC_LOGFILE=/var/apache/GLOBAL/suexec_log install

This command line isn't correct. In fact I don't really know how it
could have ever worked.

 From make(1):

-D variable
	Define variable to be 1, in the global context.

An example should clarify things up

1
 > make FOO=bar -V FOO
bar

The correct one should be

make -DBATCH SUEXEC_DOCROOT=/var/apache
SUEXEC_LOGFILE=/var/apache/GLOBAL/suexec_log install

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>