Poudriere questions

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Wed Feb 20 17:19:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

Am 20.02.2013 um 18:07 schrieb Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>:
> I'm not sure I get what you ask. You can make poudriere fetch sources from any subversion branch/tag and compile those
> instead of using the distribution files. For example:
>
> poudriere jail -c -j 91releng -v releng/9.1 -m svn
>
> will fetch sources from the 9.1 security fix branch with all the latest security fixes, compile those and crate a new jail.

That was precisely what I was looking for - thanks.

> I think your best bet is using customized make.conf files in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d.
> This is documented well in the CUSTOMIZATION section of the poudriere(8) man page.

And pray that no other software package besides Apache uses an option named
SUEXEC_DOCROOT and I want a different value for that one ... ;-)

Is there no way to specify make variables that need values in the port specific
options file?

But here, too - thanks for the hint. That _should_ work in my case, though it is
not generally applicable.

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100