intel kms, xorg and triple head?

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 18 13:50:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wasn't able to find infos about multi-head support for the new intel
> kms with FreeBSD 9.1
> Is it possible to have xorg driving 3 displays? I know of the
> two-PLL-pipe limitation with intel's IvyBrindge-CPU/GPUs. But I don't
> know if the new driver supports possible configurations? (e.G.
> 2x1600x1200 + 1x1920x1200).
> Has anybody running xorg and 3 displays with i915kms? Or is it at least
> said to be supported?

I barely have one display (laptop) working with KMS.  Once X is
up, trying to switch to a virtual console leaves you with a blank
screen until you reboot.  I have 2 graphics controllers in this
laptop and have to cut one of them out of my xorg.conf in order
for it to work.  This laptop isn't meant to use both graphics
controllers at the same time, so perhaps your configuration
will work much better - I'd be curious to know.

--
DE