Test network capabilities

Efraín Déctor efraindector at motumweb.com
Tue Feb 5 21:41:10 UTC 2013

Hello.

Is there a way to test the network capabilities of FreeBSD?, currently we are tunning our server to achieve the best performance for the socket connections. Using this  http://rerepi.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/tuning-freebsd-sysoev-rit/  and this https://calomel.org/freebsd_network_tuning.html guides we see that we are on the right path, however we want to conduct a test to see if what we have configured meets our needs.

Is there a way to send connections to a opened port of FreeBSD? Something like Apache Bench but for a socket server based on Apache Mina?

Thanks in advance.