FreeBSD 10-CURRENT and 9-STABLE snapshots

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 11 00:09:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 02:02:40AM +0200, Michael Ross wrote:
> >> - I had to install a complete VCS I have no (other) need of,
> >
> > Unfortunate, but not hugely significant (Just a bit of  disk space).
>
> I think it is rather significant:

FWIW, you can compile the svn binary elsewhere, statically linked, and
save the dependency problem by copying the resulting binary around.

I do this on many machines, and even have a static svn binary in
/root/bin as a fallback in case things blow up badly and I cannot access
/usr/local.

(I also do the same thing with the pkgng pkg-static binary...)

Glen