/var/account/acct gorws indefinitely: Does /etc/peridoic/daily/310.accounting work properly?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 25 15:52:32 UTC 2012

Hello, Freebsd-stable.

 I have accounting_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and:

daily_accounting_enable="YES"
daily_accounting_compress="YES"
daily_accounting_flags=-m
daily_accounting_save=365

in /etc/periodic.conf

It packs daily logs, but it looks like main log (/var/account/acct) is
not tuncated at all. It is 30M now and every day I got monotonically
increasing numbers in daily mail.

 Is it Ok, and it is as it should be? I've thought, log rotation
should restart log every day and I should get _Daily_ resource usage
by user in daily mail...

 If it is Ok, is it possible to switch behavior to expected by me
without code editing?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>