Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

David Chisnall theraven at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 30 18:20:39 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

This is off-topic, so please feel free to disregard it, but I'm sending it to this list in the hope that it will reach a largish number of users.

I am currently looking at updating some of our advocacy material (which advertises exciting new features like SMP support), and before I do I'd like to get a better feel for why the rest of you are using FreeBSD.  If you had to list the three things you most like about FreeBSD, which would you pick?  Are they the same as when you first started using it?

David