/usr/bin/unzip not being installed on 8.3-STABLE

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 29 07:57:08 UTC 2012

On 5/29/2012 12:37 AM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>> This needs more than diff-posting, it needs actual testing. By humans,
>> and an -exp run. Since miwi is on the cc list, perhaps he can arrange
>> it?
>
> No -exp run required.  This code is already in use in head and 9 and has
> been for ages - two and a half years, to be exact.

I saw your followup, and I think you're probably right ... the problem
is that there are some things in the ports tree that are conditional on
OSVERSION, so the fact that it works on HEAD and 9 doesn't necessarily
mean that it will work in 8.

If you've already done the MFC that should be fine. If I were miwi I'd
still schedule the -exp run, but I'm not the boss of him. :)

Doug