Make buildkernel fails on /usr/src/sys/dev/ata/atapi-cam.c

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:57:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller230 at insightbb.com> wrote:
>> My daily stable/9 build (& boot) was successful at r235604:
>
>> FreeBSD g1-227.catwhisker.org 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #162 235604M: Fri May 18 04:39:02 PDT 2012
>> +root at g1-227.catwhisker.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY  i386
>
>> Peace,
>> david
>> --
>> David H. Wolfskill                              david at catwhisker.org
>
> So maybe I just need to csup again and try again, "make buildworld" followed by "make buildkernel"?
>
> Where do you find the number r235604 either in the built-and-installed system or the source tree?
>
> I looked in /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh and some other files.
>
>> From Marcelo Gondim <gondim at bsdinfo.com.br>:
>
>> You are using GENERIC kernel or custom kernel?
>> You have "options         ATA_CAM" in your kernel conf?
>
> It's a custom kernel, config file named SANDY, as in Intel Sandy Bridge.
>
> Sure, I have "options ATA_CAM", believe that is necessary to be able to burn CDs or DVDs with a SATA drive.
>
> That was discussed in a few past threads on questions at freebsd.org .

That's nice, but do you have 'device ata' in the configuration? It is
required, even with ATA_CAM.

Also, the thread states that atapicam is not needed with ATA_CAM. I
don't have atapicam it in my kernel and my SATA CD/DVD drive works
just fine.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com