SAS Drive identification LEDs

Matt Burke mattblists at icritical.com
Wed Mar 28 12:53:58 UTC 2012

On 03/28/12 12:40, Fred Liu wrote:
>> Shouldn't imagine so... I'm using a set of 4x four-bay Chenbro
>> 80H10321513C0 jobbies in a 4U box for a total of 16 disks.
>>
>> My original post showed me lighting up an identification LED by poking
>> values at the backplane via the ses device, but the Areca utility seems
>> do it by poking the drives themselves - which is a much better solution
>> and
>> *should* be backplane-agnostic.
>
> Sounds very good! But what if the drive is thoroughly damaged?

How would you identify such a drive on any other system?

--
Sorry for the disclaimer...

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

Critical Software Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring its effective operation.

Critical Software Ltd. registered in England, 04909220. Registered Office: IC2, Keele Science Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NH.