Support for releases

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 27 18:59:29 UTC 2012

On 27/03/2012 19:25, Brett Glass wrote:
> I've just noted that as of this month, there is no release of FreeBSD --
> on any branch --  whose EOL is less than a year away. Should there not
> be at least one release with extended support?

ITYM 'more than a year away' there...

8.3 is due, in fact, over due now, but should be out fairly soon.  That
should be the extended support version you're looking for.

I believe that RE have stated that the lifetime of various branches due
to drop out of support soon will be extended due to the delay in getting
8.3-RELEASE out of the door, but that was only to cover any potential gap.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.