AMD Erratum 383 crashes FreeBSD 9-Stable

Richard Yao ryao at cs.stonybrook.edu
Sat Mar 17 20:02:08 UTC 2012

Alan, thanks for the information.

This is a definitely libvirtd bug. Passing '-cpu host' fixes the
problem. I replaced libvirtd with Gentoo's kvm-tools, which makes it
easy to specify this, so problem solved.

I would send a report to the libvirt developers, but I have encountered
more problems in libvirt than I have time to describe, so that will not
happen right away.