Resume broken in 8.3-PRERELEASE

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Mar 2 15:15:52 UTC 2012

On Friday 02 March 2012 09:57:03 Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 08:48:13AM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > If the reset doesn't work, then try to enable hw.usb.uhub.debug=15 and
> > see what port change events are coming.
>
> I don't see such oid hw.usb.uhub.debug.  Perhaps it should be hw.usb.debug?
>
> > If cfg=255 in usbconfig, then something is wrong.
>
> It seems they are all zeros, per the output I've sent earlier.

If they are all zeros, then everything is working like it should. If you can
dump the device and configuration descriptors, then there is no USB problem.

I'm thinking it might be some MICROCODE issue that causes the problem. Maybe
we shouldn't reset the OHCI and EHCI and UHCI and XHCI before handing over to
the MICROCODE suspend handler?

Have a look in /sys/dev/usb/controller/xhci/ehci/ohci/uhci and search for
suspend.

--HPS