[CFT] modular kernel config

Fri Mar 2 13:33:37 UTC 2012

Quoting Pavel Timofeev <timp87 at gmail.com> (from Thu, 1 Mar 2012
10:35:17 +0400):

> I have just tried lastest configs and see following messages while
> kernel boot:
>
> Copyright (c) 1992-2012 The FreeBSD Project.
> Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
>         The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
> FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
> FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Feb 29 22:47:35 MSK 2012
>     mox at rock:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMALL amd64
> WARNING: WITNESS option enabled, expect reduced performance.
> link_elf_obj: symbol xpt_create_path undefined
> KLD file hptiop.ko - could not finalize loading
> link_elf_obj: symbol firmware_get undefined
> KLD file isp.ko - could not finalize loading
> link_elf_obj: symbol xpt_freeze_simq undefined
> KLD file mps.ko - could not finalize loading
> link_elf_obj: symbol cam_simq_alloc undefined
> KLD file hptmv.ko - could not finalize loading
> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7500  @ 2.93GHz (2906.39-MHz
> K8-class CPU)
>
> Don't you know why do I get it?

The xpt_* symbols are all in the cam module. If you downloaded the
loader.conf the cam module should be surely there (except you lost
it). Without the cam module I can understand the messages about xpt_*,
with the cam module I can't (I speicied cam before hptiop/mps/hptmv).

Regarding the firmware_get module I changed the order of module
load it before a lot of other modules. Theoretically this should solve
the isse.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
I THINK MAN INVENTED THE CAR by instinct.
		-- Jack Handey, "The New Mexican" (1988)