Network unavailable when booting directly to FreeBSD.

Pedro Giffuni pfg at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 26 14:16:15 UTC 2012

Hi again;

--- Mar 26/6/12, YongHyeon PYUN <pyunyh at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > Hi again;
> >
> > --- Dom 24/6/12, Pedro Giffuni <pfg at freebsd.org>
> ha scritto:
> > >
> > > --- Lun 25/6/12, YongHyeon PYUN <pyunyh at gmail.com>

> bge(4)?
> > > >

> > > Sean Bruno suggested it may be r233495, but I
> haven't
> > > found the time to revert it.
> > >
> > > I will let you know tomorrow.
> > >

> > Reverting only r233495 didn't fix it either. This will
>
> Because your controller is not BCM5704, r233495 should have
> no
> effects.
>
> > take some time :(.
> >

> Ok, if you happen to find guilty commit let me know.

Well...

To make it easier to test I dropped the kernel driver and
started using only the kld. I also reverted the driver back
to the 9.0R version.

The network card still gives me the watchdog timeouts
and now after X starts I lose control of the mouse and
the keyboard. I've seen similar reports on the latest
PC-BSD but they went away for me after I added the
USB stuff to /boot/defaults.

This is all very weird; I suspect it may be some issue
in the bus support and not really a driver issue :(.

HTH,

Pedro.