[wifi] wifimgr for freebsd

Devin Teske devin.teske at fisglobal.com
Fri Jun 22 20:42:40 UTC 2012

On Jun 22, 2012, at 1:32 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 18 June 2012 03:43, freegih <freegih at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I made a wifi script based on  the wlanconfig in bsdinstaller.
>> here is the code:
>> https://github.com/gihnius/freebsd-wifi
>>
>> I think we can make it more suitable for many devices and normal use.
>>
>> Any idea to write a normal feature script to use freebsd wifi easily ?
>>
>> and thanks to the author of wlanconfig.
>
> I'd love to see a non-ridiculous command line toolkit (which could
> later be extended to be GUI) for FreeBSD wireless.

I think bsdconfig is the right landing zone for this (once it's tested -- check out the port sysutils/bsdconfig -- and committed).

bsdconfig is:
(a) scriptable
(b) pluggable
(c) modular
(d) Supports both Command-line (dialog) and GUI (Xdialog)
(e) is i18n-compatible
(f) written in sh(1) with very clean code that is properly scoped and consistent
--
Devin