[CFT] Need Testers for: sysutils/bsdconfig

Devin Teske devin.teske at fisglobal.com
Thu Jun 21 22:32:20 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I've published a new port (sysutils/bsdconfig) so that we can get some testing on the replacement for sysinstall's [post-installation] "Configure" menu.

We're on a tight schedule, so if you have the time and/or energy your timely efforts will be GREATLY appreciated in helping to get this software tested prior to the 9.1-R code freeze.

Please welcome "bsdconfig" (port pkg-descr below):

bsdconfig is a robust utility for configuring/managing various aspects of the
FreeBSD Operating System. Feature-highlights include (but are not limited to):
  - Modular, stable, efficient and i18n-compatible.
  - Easily maintained/extendable sh(1) source/syntax.
  - Works with both dialog(1) in base and Xdialog(1) from ports (x11/xdialog).
  - rc.conf(5) configuration/management based on sysutils/sysrc
  - Timezone configuration based on sysutils/tzdialog
  - Networking management based on sysutils/host-setup

WWW: http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/

Again, thank you very much for testing this new software.
--
Devin

P.S. Due to the large codebase comprising bsdconfig, ample precautions should be taken. I've not noticed any negative behavior in months of usage, but just be warned.

P.P.S. I don't think on subscribed to -stable@, so include me in your replies.