Seeking 6.4 make source for ports

Mike Pumford mpumford at mpcdata.com
Wed Jun 20 09:19:09 UTC 2012

Ronald Klop wrote:

> Do you have a problem yourself or did you just found some messages on
> google?
> I presume you are running 6.3 yourself. Why don't you upgrade the OS to
> 6.4 or 7+, but you do upgrade the ports on an unsupported OS?

It is a little mind boggling. Unless required I wouldn't even recompile
my ports when moving a system from 6.3 to 6.4. In fact I've got an
internal system here that started life as 5.3 BETA and have been
upgraded all the way to 7.4 via 6.4 with pretty much no downtime apart
from the installworld part of the source upgrade. All the 5.x compiled
ports ran fine on the 7.4 system until I got round to recompiling them.

Mike