devd problem with 9-stable

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Jun 15 14:33:37 UTC 2012

Warren Block wrote:
 > [...]
 > [...]
 >
 > Even with those changes, devd is not triggering on my scanner attach:
 >
 >          match "subsystem" "DEVICE";
 >          match "type" "ATTACH";
 >          match "cdev" "ugen[0-9]+.[0-9]+";
 >          match "vendor" "0x04b8";
 >          match "product" "0x010a";
 >          action "echo HERE! $cdev > /tmp/zoot";

Have you tried to put those lines inside a "notify" block
instead of an "attach" block?  The documentation is not
very clear about the difference between an "attach" block
an a "notify" block with $type=ATTACH, but it probably
wouldn't hurt to try both.

Best regards
   Oliver

"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs
would delete themselves upon execution."
        -- Robert Sewell