devd problem with 9-stable

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 06:01:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Ronald Klop
<ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 02:41:58 +0200, Kevin Oberman <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since updating my systems to 9-Stable, I am not getting my smartcard
>> reader attached when hot-plugged.
>>
>>> From devd.conf
>>
>> attach 50 {
>>        device-name "ugen[0-9]+";
>>        match "vendor" "0x0529";
>>        match "product" "0x0600";
>>        action "/usr/local/sbin/openct-control attach usb:529/600 usb
>> /dev/$dev$
>> };
>> detach 50 {
>>        device-name "ugen[0-9]+";
>>        match "vendor" "0x0529";
>>        match "product" "0x0600";
>>        action "/usr/bin/pkill -fx '/usr/local/sbin/ifdhandler -H -p
>> [a-z0-9]+ $
>> };
>>
>> If I manually enter the "action" command, it works fine, but it fails
>> when I insert the device. It worked fine under version 8. I have
>> confirmed devd is seeing the device inserted just fine. the action
>> just does not seem to be carried out.
>>
>> Any idea where I should look? I saw a couple of threads on current
>> from others seeing something similar, but could find no resolution.
>> I have seen a
>

> Did you run devd with debug messages on? Options -D and -d are helpful.
> If you do does devd match the right devd.conf sections and start the action?

With debug i get:
Processing event '!system=USB subsystem=DEVICE type=ATTACH
ugen=ugen1.3 cdev=ugen1.3 vendor=0x0529 product=0x0600 devclass=0xff
devsubclass=0x00 sernum="" release=0x0100 mode=host port=1
parent=ugen1.2'
[long list of "Testing" entries, none of which 'vendor' matched]
Executing 'logger Unknown USB device: vendor 0x0529 product 0x0600 bus uhub3'

So it looks like devd is not matching the vendor. But my devd.conf
file contains that vendor. I don't know exactly why it is not being
tested against. Nothing in the debug output gives me a clue and I
tried grepping for one of the tested vendor IDs in /etc/devd.conf and
/etc/devd/*.conf.  Not found.

I am at a loss.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer