Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

Adam Strohl adams-freebsd at ateamsystems.com
Sat Jun 9 14:50:16 UTC 2012

On 6/9/2012 21:36, H wrote:
> why is there an update, would be a little bit better

My point was why do you need the update, and can't wait until its been
better vetted.  The porters do the best they can but can't test everything.

> but a real good question would be, why is there a not working/compiling
> update released to the ports tree

Because it was just released and every combination of system
configuration hasn't been tested, so there is some lag time before it
stabilizes, especially with complicated software.

There in lies the question -- why do you need to compile a port which
was just released?   Is it a security thing or is it "I want the latest"
?  I'm just curious (and totally uninterested in how this ranks in your
"worse question" list).

--
Adam Strohl
http://www.ateamsystems.com/