Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 4 15:24:35 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 10:55:37PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> On 06/03/12 15:29, Erich wrote:
> >>
> >> And if a port build is broken then the maintainer needs to fix it, that
> >> is the solution.
>
> Look at the comment of the maintainer of LibreOffice ...

LibreOffice is not a small port, I managed to make 3.5.x work  until the
boost upgrade indirectly broke it. LibreOffice is quite complicated to work on
and I am only working on it to maintain it alive. Other projects like pkgng and some
huge changes on the port infrastructure are taking all my free time right now.

Remember this is a volunteer work, I already sent request for people to be
help on LibreOffice. I got some help from time to time, but noone really come to take the
hard work on LibreOffice, so yes my replies are still the same I'm just trying to
keep it alive I missed 3.5.3 and now we are at 3.5.4 and I don't know when I'll
start to work.

The work on it is not that complicated but it requires a huge amount of time
which I currently don't have, and upstream is really nice to help porting.

Sorry,
Bapt