Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

Matthias Schuendehuette msch at snafu.de
Fri Jun 1 23:35:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Am 01.06.2012 um 14:03 schrieb Mehmet Erol Sanliturk:

> [...]
> If you are NOT using FreeBSD for any area or some areas , would you please
> list those areas with most important first to least important last ?

We are using two FreeBSD-Servers as a SAMBA-Server and as a plot-server, partly using the Linux-ABI. Both servers are rock solid (HP ProLiant).

But I'm not brave enough to run an ORACLE Database-Server under FreeBSD. For a corporate database server I need official vendor support for that platform and therefor I have to use RedHat or SuSE.

It's really a pity. I'm using FreeBSD since version 2.05 and was never disappointed.

Best regards

Matthias
--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette    <msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)