Timekeeping in stable/9

Petro Rossini petro.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 02:00:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Kevin Oberman <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect that most VB users on FreeBSD use it to get access to a small
> number of took on Windows...the ones in Office. It's still better than
> either LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org for either documents or presentations,
> especially presentations that will be displayed on a Windows system (as
> most are).

We are running a Zimbra Mail Server on FreebSD + VirtualBox.

I have seen timekeeping issues with various virtualization solutions
over the years, including VMWare ESXi and ESX. I tried NTP inside the
VMs as well as some tricks to enhance the syncing with the host - all
with mixed success.

One of the reasons I love jails;-)

Sorry, it does not help to solve the specific problem but I thought I
add my usage example - it is not all Windows..

Regards
Peter