FB9-stable: bridge0 doesn't come up via rc

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 17 13:23:19 UTC 2012

Am 17.01.2012 12:57, schrieb Denny Schierz:
> hi,
>
> I have problems starting the bridge via rc.d:
>
> rc.conf:
>
> cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
> ifconfig_bge0="up"
> ifconfig_bridge0="addm bge0 up"
> ifconfig_bridge0="inet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 up"

You forgot that rc.conf does not contain commands, but only variable
assignments. The latter of the last two lines overwrites the value
set in the former.

You may want to replace the first of these two lines by:

autobridge_bridge0="bge0" # add further interfaces as required

The parameter holds a space separated list and may include wild-cards
(e.g. "bge0 ixp*").

> defaultrouter="192.168.1.254"
> gateway_enable="YES"
>
> It doesn't work. After reboot I have to set up:
>
> ifconfig bridge0 addm bge0
>
> then it works.

Yes, as explained above ...

> Also a problem: "/etc/rc.d/netif stop" doesn't destroy bridge0 and
> "/etc/rc.d/netif start" gives errors, because bridge exists already.

This will be fixed if you use "autobridge" as explained above. See
/etc/rc.d/bridge for details.

Regards, STefan