accepting rtadv broken on 9-STABLE, re driver?

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Mon Jan 9 21:07:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:02:24 -0600, Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote:

> re0 seems to have ACCEPT_RTADV.  What is the problem?

That's because I haven't rebooted....

Let's start fresh.

The normal ipv6 configuration anyone would use:

-ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="YES" in rc.conf

-NO mention of net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv in sysctl.conf

I boot up, re0 *does not* have ACCEPT_RTADV.

I try forcing via the sysctl: net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=1

Still doesn't work!

I finally have to result to: ifconfig re0 inet6 accept_rtadv

Why? What makes this machine different? All the other machines I run do
not require this to get ACCEPT_RTADV. Is it the re driver? My other
machines have em and ath interfaces.

Thanks,

Mark