FreeBSD at Amazon EC2 status

Guy Helmer guy.helmer at palisadesystems.com
Thu Jan 5 22:55:54 UTC 2012

On Jan 3, 2012, at 11:07 AM, Alexandre Biancalana wrote:

> Hi lists,
>
> What´s is the current state of FreeBSD running on Amazon EC2 ? Is
> this stable ? Looking at Colin's status page
> (http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-on-ec2/) looks like there´s no
> active development on that.
>
> Does someone running production workload with FreeBSD on EC2 ?
>
> I'm interested in running network (dns and http with accept filter)
> and memory/buffer cache intensive applications on m1.small, m1.large
> and m2.xlarge instances.
>
> Any thoughts ?

I haven't stress-tested any EC2 systems recently, but when I did late last summer/fall, they worked fine for me. I had to do some tuning of the nmbclusters to handle the data rates I was using, but I think that would be expected even if running on bare metal.

Guy

--------
This message has been scanned by ComplianceSafe, powered by Palisade's PacketSure.