zfs, 1 gig of RAM and periodic weekly

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Mon Feb 27 22:41:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, February 27, 2012 15:33, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Hi--
>
> On Feb 26, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
> [ ... ]
>> all with zfs and one gig of RAM.
>
> This isn't a sensible combination; I wouldn't try to run ZFS on anything less than 4GB...

regardless of the pool size ?

I was planning on making an atom board a file server for my home, and I have two options: soekris
net6501 2GB RAM and intel board powered by the 330 atom (says 2GB limited as well). My plans are
to use from 4 up to 8 disks, and they should be 2TB at least.

As its for home use, some p2p software and mostly music listening and sometimes movie streaming.

should 2GB be that bad, that I should drop it and use UFS instead ?

I may run any version of FreeBSD on it, was planning on 9-STABLE or 9.1.

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you Cygnus,