Resume broken in 8.3-PRERELEASE

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Mon Feb 27 15:47:51 UTC 2012

Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:28:15PM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> > I was mistaken, the latest kernel with working resume is from Jan 4
> > 00:00
> > UTC, kernel from Jan 4 01:00 UTC does not allow my laptop to come
> > back from
> > zzz(8) successfully. It seems that offending change is rev. 1.9.2.5
> > of
> > sys/nfsclient/nfs_krpc.c by rmacklem@ (SVN rev 229450). To be sure,
> > I've
> > reverted just this change in the latest RELENG_8 sources -- and the
> > problem
> > goes away.
>
> Hmm, apparently the problem lies deeply/earlier. Backing out SVN rev
> 229450 allows me to resume twice, but third time it fails with the
> same
> symptoms as before (no keyboard while VTY switching works and
> screensaver
> fires, no network but ping(8) works, fans are bursting up). Stay tuned
> while I investigate more...

Yes, I can't think of how r229450 would affect "resume". All it does is
clear the high order bit in an error reply from an NFS server, since that
bit should never be set in an NFS error reply and, if set, it results in
an mbuf list being free'd twice.

The bit is erroneously set by "amd" sometimes. If you are using "amd",
that might be related to the resume problem?

rick
ps: I suspect you saw it, but there was a recent thread related to known
    suspend/resume issues and discussed how they might be fixed in the
    future. Sorry, I don't remember which list or the exact subject line.