Resume broken in 8.3-PRERELEASE

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Mon Feb 27 14:24:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 09:57:14AM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> Yesterday I've updated my laptop to the latest RELENG_8, it booted just
> fine, however, after coming out of suspend, keyboard does not work (well,
> almost: I can switch between consoles, Caps Lock works, but I cannot type
> anything, login, etc., break into debugger with Ctrl-Alt-Esc).  Network
> does not work as well, and since fans are going up very fast, CPU
> consumption must be around 100%.  Kernel from Jan 17th does not exhibit
> this problem.  This is plain console, no X11.

I was mistaken, the latest kernel with working resume is from Jan 4 00:00
UTC, kernel from Jan 4 01:00 UTC does not allow my laptop to come back from
zzz(8) successfully.  It seems that offending change is rev. 1.9.2.5 of
sys/nfsclient/nfs_krpc.c by rmacklem@ (SVN rev 229450).  To be sure, I've
reverted just this change in the latest RELENG_8 sources -- and the problem
goes away.

Rick, how can I help you to debug this issue?  I must admit I am confused
how can NFS-related change break power-saving code path (suspend/resume).

./danfe