New BSD Installer

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 17:59:24 UTC 2012

> Yes it does? Am I the only one person on the whole earth seeing the big
> difference in easy setup of mirroring two drives instead of many
> individual partitions?

Sorry, I wasnt suggesting that you should always mirror
the indiviudual partititons - just I happen to do that where
I am mixing ZFS and gmirror. Obviosuly you dont want to create
lots of little mirrors if you dont have to. But even with
one mirror, you can mirror a big partiton covering the whole
drive, and then carve that up with bsdlabel. No need to ever mirror
the actual raw discs, and it works with GPT.

-pete.