Reducing the need to compile a custom kernel

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 12 11:31:20 UTC 2012

Le dim 12 fév 12 à 12:06:33 +0100, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>
 écrivait :

> There is already a way to configure this as soon as you have a working
> userland. What this setting is doing is to replace the compiled-in
> default keymap with a different one, so that you have the one which
> matches your keyboard even when you enter the very first keystrokes in
> single-user mode (root-pw, path to shell, ...).

That's why I use it: when you enter is this mode to solve some problem,
it reduces the risk of errors and the stress to blindly type on a non-
QWERTY keyboard.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.