Why do I get 32767 id mapping when using NSFv4 with LDAP?

Olav Gjerde olavgg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:50:15 UTC 2012

I've configured a server with 9-STABLE compiled late january. I've
played a bit with NFSv4 and it works great. Except that I can't get it
to play nice with OpenLDAP. If I mirror the passwd and group files
between the client and server the mapping is correct. If I add
pam_ldap to the /etc/pam.d/system file it works fine on both systems
when I browse local files, however NFSv4 map both the uid and gid as
32767. The files should belong to user olav with uid and gid 1001. Do
anyone how I can get this to work properly? At least what I should
look into? Do I need kerberos?