FreeBSD 9 crash/deadlock when dump(8)ing file system with journaling enabled.

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:16:26 UTC 2012

Hi, what would be the best choice?

1. turn off SUJ and dump using -L flag and the turn it on again (but I'm
affraid to destroy the system this way - is this possible?)
2. dump the unmounted partitions with a live cd, per example

Sorry for top posting, mobile mail client problem.

Em 30/01/2012 12:56, "Ivan Voras" <ivoras at freebsd.org>escreveu:

On 30/01/2012 13:06, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

>> For now I've turned off journaling (soft updates see...
It's a known bug: SU+J currently deadlocks when used with UFS snapshots.