Will we get a RELEASE-9.1 for Christmas?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 17:14:17 UTC 2012

On 21/12/2012 14:12, Walter Hurry wrote:
> Before I had a chance to try the git version, pkg-1.0.4 turned up in the
> ports. Good work!
>
> Hmm...
>
> $ pkg info pkg
> pkg-1.0.4                      New generation package manager
> $ pkg -v
> 1.0.3
> $
>
> Forgotten (by bapt I assume) again?

No, actually that is teething problems with my code to ensure the
version numbers are set consistently.  As you can see, it doesn't work
reliably yet...

> A definite improvement in 'pkg ckeck -Ba' though; many fewer reported
> exceptions than before (openjdk7 and firefox are OK now):

Good to hear.

> $ sudo pkg check -Ba
> pkg: (libreoffice-3.5.7_1) /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/
> configmgr.uno.so - shared library libxmlreader.so not found
> pkg: (virtualbox-ose-4.1.22) /usr/local/bin/VBoxBalloonCtrl - shared
> library VBoxRT.so not found
> <other virtualbox-ose exceptions snipped for brevity>

> $ locate libxmlreader.so
> /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/ure/lib/libxmlreader.so
> $ locate VBoxRT.so
> /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so
> $ file /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/ure/lib/libxmlreader.so
> /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/ure/lib/libxmlreader.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared
> object, x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked, stripped
> $ file /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so
> /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object,
> x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked, not stripped
> $

Could you show me the output from:

ldd /usr/local/bin/VBoxBalloonCtrl
objdump -p /usr/local/bin/VBoxBalloonCtrl

This one is odd, because it is clearly an application that certainly
should be able to find the shlibs it uses.  It's possibly dependent on
having LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in the environment, which is arguably a bug
in the port.

objdmp -p /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/configmgr.uno.so

This is presumably a loadable object rather than a shared library.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.