FIB and jail regression [Was: can't reach jails own ipv4 from inside anymore]

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Wed Dec 19 16:09:34 UTC 2012

 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer am 19.12.2012 13:48 (localtime):
> Easiest way to reproduce:
>
> Just do a ping on the host (not jail)
>
> setfib 0 ping anyLocalIP -> works
> setfib 1 ping anyLocalIP -> doesn't work
>
> Anybody with 9.1 and ROUTINGTABLES in custom kernel out there who can't
> confirm that?
>
> Turned out that 9.0-stable from Feb. 2012 doesn't show that problem.
> So this problem seems to be introdued between 9.0 and 9.1.

I have to correct myself. As it turned out, the problem only affects
inet alias addresses. I testet the non-alias IP at first, when it seemd
that 9.0-stable from Feb. 2012 was not affected. But as soon as I repeat
the test with an alias IP, there's the same problem and I get "ping:
sendto: Host is down" as answer.

So  this regression could be older. Unfortunately I don't have any
machine between 8.2-release and 9.0-stable_2/2012 for testing.
Any hint's how to find out what committ could be the cause?

Thanks,

-Harry