can't reach jails own ipv4 from inside anymore

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Wed Dec 19 11:19:37 UTC 2012

 Hello,

with 8.2 I could "ssh IPofTheJail" inside the jail and got connected to
the sshd in the corresponding jail. Same with "ssh localhost".

With 9.1, it's not possible anymore.
I have assigned a different FIB to my jail in both cases.

The picture is different for IPv6. "ping6 IPofTheJail" does work!

I have more oddities I wanted to check with jails and lagg-interfaces
together with VLANs, but I have no idea why I can't connect from one
jail to it's own IP(v4) anymore!

Was there any special security-extension added after 8.2?

Thanks,

-Harry